Dr James Weaver
- St George Public Hospital
- St George Private Hospital
- Staff Specialist Cardiologist St George Public Hospital
- Director of Coronary Care Unit St George Public Hospital
- Visiting Medical Officer St George Private Hospital
- Chair Dept of Cardiac Services St George Private Hospital - from 2017
- Director of cardiac catheter laboratory St George Private Hospital
- Conjoint senior lecturer University of NSW
Coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention. Interests include radial access angiography and complex lesions, particularly chronic total occlusions.
Special interest in quality assurance, radiation minimisation, cardiac biomarkers and heart protection during heart attack.
Completed medical school at University of NSW prior to starting as an intern at St George Hospital in 2000. Training was completed as a clinical and interventional cardiologist at St George Hospital in 2007. Further study and research resulted in awarding of a PhD evaluating methods of measuring heart attack size in patients using cardiac MRI. Prior to returning to St George Hospital in 2011, an additional 12 months of training in coronary angiography and stenting was undertaken in Ottawa, Canada.
- Medical student UNSW 1993-1999
- General and Cardiology training St George Hospital 2000-2007.
- PhD UNSW 2007-2010
- Certificate of Interventional Cardiology University of Ottawa Heart Institute 2009-2010.
- Staff Specialist St George Hospital from 2011.
St George Private Rooms, Suite 11, Level 5, 1 South Street, Kogarah, NSW, 2217
Phone: 02 9553 7344